2.09.2010

When Mr. T and I were planning on getting married, I knew exactly what I wanted--a beach, an officiant, Mr. T, and me. Eloping seemed to be the best idea since I had already been married before, but Mr. T had other plans. He told me he'd been dreaming of a big wedding since he was a little boy!


(Image from worldofstock.com)

What's a girl to do when the man of her dreams tells her he wants a big wedding? Let him have it, of course! Just because I've had a big wedding before doesn't mean that I should deprive him of the experience, especially when he was so excited about the prospect of seeing me walk down the aisle.

Having decided that we were going to have a big wedding, I knew that it would mean more to him to have it where he grew up, and where all of his friends and family could be there. What did that mean for us?

It meant that we would be getting married in England.

(Personal photo)

And planning a wedding from DC.

(Image from http://treeswaterpeople.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/washington-dc.jpg)

Did you have to compromise on what type of wedding you would have?

No comments: